Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's For Dinner? Day 1

So in addition to our video developments (I'm shooting a part of the next one tomorrow), I am also launching a 365 photo project for my food. It's called "What's For Dinner?"

Here's how it works: I am taking a picture of whatever that I am having for dinner that night. It doesn't matter if I'm making it or if I'm at a restaurant. That way it's twofold: I can show you what I make and the places that I love to eat at the most. I will also rate my dishes based on healthiness and deliciousness.

So here is Day 1:



Sweet and savory za'atar chicken, curried roasted garlic and cauliflower mash and spinach salad with hummus dressing.

Health Rating: 8. The chicken was delish, and I used a smoked olive oil to add flavor. The cauliflower mash was also tasty, and in order to make it creamy, I added Earth Balance butter. Instead of a dressing with a ton of oil, I added two tablespoons of hummus as a dressing to our salad. However, olive oil isn't exactly fat free and I added a couple of tablespoons of coconut milk to the mash to make it creamy. Next time, I will use soy milk.

Deliciousness: 9.5. The chicken had great flavor, and I will definitely make the cauliflower mash again, particularly if we host a Shabbat dinner. The only complaint is the salad didn't stand up to the first two components.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.