Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reina's Manifesto

Since YBK has a manifesto, I figured I need one too. I think everyone needs to be able to state their principles and goals in a genuine manner. I don’t know why, but it makes me feel really good to write what I believe in and what I would like to do with my life. If you feel like writing your own manifesto, feel free to send to me at youngbrokekosher@gmail.com. If I like it, I will post it here.

So it goes a little something like this. Hit it!:

I believe in love and life. We must love with all our hearts and live as much as we can. In turn, I believe we should share our lives with the ones that we love and not waste time on those who can’t respect us.

I believe in not fussing over trivial matters. Life is just way too short for things like that.

I should try to get out of the house every day – you know, for something other than blogging. Meet with friends, go kayaking… or perhaps both at the same time?

I must find a way to make money. Dinero. Moolah. Hard cash. Unfortunatley, no one is currently paying for my blog. Yet.

I believe in constructive criticism. I do not believe in negativity and being bullied. I graduated from college – I feel that I am WAY past the stage of having a bully to try to make me feel like less of a person.

I believe in loving yourself for everything you are and aren’t. It’s a difficult task – one we must strive to achieve every day.

I am going to do stuff for others. I will participate in charity work. Even if I don’t have money to give, I have two hands and a brain that is capable of many things.

I’m going to try to eat less cheese and ice cream. Maybe.

I do not believe in judging others. I will accept people for who they are – not because of anything that they just happen to be.

I believe in laughing. A lot. I also believe in finding joy in everything.

I will learn how to focus. I will take control of my ADH… ooh look! A bird!

I will spend more time with my husband. When he’s not listening to the radio or making strange noises, that is.

I believe that the whole world is a very narrow bridge. The most important part is not to be afraid.

I believe in forgiveness. I try my best to forgive, as sometimes it’s the hardest thing in the world to do. I will confess that it is something that I am still trying to work on, particularly not holding grudges.

I will try to work out more. It’s hard to sometimes keep at it. I may need a friend to help out with this one.

I will stop procrastinating. Tomorrow.

I don’t believe in hurting anyone if at all possible. Sometimes it’s unavoidable. But we have to do what we can to prevent all harm.

I believe in having as many people eat at my table as possible. Or that it can hold – I have very little space, and not that many chairs. At one point, I hosted a dinner and my friend Cindy had to sit on the yoga ball.

I will learn to do more things for myself – particularly when it comes to computer stuff.

I will learn to be a stronger person – mind, body and soul.

And this, above all, to thine own self be true. And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not be false to any man.

And on that note, I’m going to post a recipe for foccacia – a very easy, quick bread that can compliment any meal.

FOCCACIA

1 ball pizza dough (see quick tip)

2 tablespoons olive oil

Any of the following ingredients:

· Sundried or fresh tomatoes

· Minced garlic

· Fresh basil

· Rosemary

· Artichoke hearts

· Oregano

· Parmesan cheese

· Red bell peppers

· Red onion

· Minced garlic

· Black olives

· Zucchini

· Mushrooms

Knead the pizza dough to get rid of any air bubbles. Roll out on a cookie sheet or pizza pan. Pour the olive oil on top and spread with either a pasty brush or with your hands.

Top with your favorite toppings, preferably one herb, garlic and 1-2 vegetables. You don’t want to go overboard. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Serve hot.

Quick Tip: You can get a ball of pizza dough at almost any pizza place you like and keep it in your freezer.

1 comment:

Followers

Powered by Blogger.